Monday 23 July 2018

Master chef

This term we are going to start master chef. We have to create a meal as an audition there are only 6 spots to fill. I have made ravioli here is my process...


 chop mushrooms and onions finely


Cook in a frying pan until golden  







Tip into a bowl and add herbs, lemon zest, nutmeg, cheese and a little bit of cream to combine 

refrigerate for 30 mins+





when my filling was refrigerating I started on my pasta 

first i made my dough, kneaded it for 5-10 mins 



then I put it through my pasta machine




once you have thinned the dough use cups or cutters to make the circles   

 





remove the mixture from the fridge and add 1/4 teaspoon onto your pasta dough







fold the pasta over itself and seal by pressing on the sides 

repeat until you finish all of your mixture



put a pot on to boil and add a pinch of salt for flavour

once boiling add your ravioli 



take one out and test if its cooked. Once you think they are cooked drain them 









then reduce a 1/2 can of tinned tomatoes to create a pasta sauce for the ravioli 

5 comments:

  1. Emma, you are a masterchef already. That dish looks divine and one that my family would eat all up! It is great that you have added photos to go with your written instruction, this is a great help for what each stage should look like.
    I wonder, did you get into masterchef classes?
    Kind regards
    Mrs England

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kia Ora Emma,
    I Like the way you have made this blog post about Master Chef, Is this your favourite thing to make ?
    Why did you pick this type of food ?
    Is This Food Good ?
    Bye jazmine

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kia Ora Emma, Ruby Here. Your Ravioli looks delicious. I found it really cool that you used photos to go with your instructions. Next time you could maybe add another ingredient to see if the taste changes? How long did it take to make it?
    Kai Pai
    Ruby

    ReplyDelete
  4. Kia Ora Emma, Mia Here. Your Ravioli looks SOOO GOOD, I love how you have added pictures to make it more interesting. Next time you could add some more information. how long did it take to make this?

    Bye
    Mia

    ReplyDelete
  5. Kia Ora Emma. Im Neisha from mamaku 1

    WOW ITS AMAZING I WISH I CAN MAKE IT WITH YOU!!
    and i wish i can eat it but sadly i cant.
    good pictures but one problem if i were you i would put more detail.
    But it stills look GREAT!

    WHAT DOES IT TASTE LIKE??

    ReplyDelete

Thank-you for your positive, thoughtful, helpful comment.